- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of melted Butter
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
Pre-heat oven to moderately hot 400f/200c.
Grease a baking tray.
Beat together the egg and the butter and add to the milk.
Sift the flour and salt into a basin, make a well in the
centre and add the liquid mixture.
Mix to a soft dough, roll out onto a lightly floured
surface and cut into squares or rounds.
Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- If you put them close together they will join into pull
apart type slab.
- If you rub them with buttered paper as they come out of the
oven, this will enhance their appearance.
- Cover them with a cloth to keep the steam in as this will
keep them soft.
Origin - Unknown